We are Futureproofed from Leuven and we build climate-related software. We’re looking for a back-end developer to help us improve our SaaS products, Futureproofed for cities (primarily) and Futureproofed for business; tools that help cities and companies implement useful climate action. Because we believe accelerating to a fossil-free, sustainable future is the biggest opportunity in a century for both cities and businesses.
You’ll become part of our nimble but well-oiled Product Team with enthusiastic developers and data experts, embedded in a growing company with international clients and colleagues. Your input will be appreciated and your contributions will allow our products to scale faster and grow stronger.
- Take the lead of Futureproofed for cities’ back-end and bring it in line with customers’ requirements.
- Support Futureproofed for business’ coding needs.
- Write modular, testable, and efficient code.
- Discover, plan, write, document and maintain new features.
- Scout for potential improvements and be pragmatic about their implementation.
- Analyse and/or prototype solutions or requirements.
- Work in close tandem with the Product Team members and other colleagues to build a great user experience for our customers.
- Substantial knowledge of back-end development (PHP, Node.js, SQL, …).
- You understand common software engineering practices (git, unit testing, code documentation, continuous integration, dependency management, monitoring, version management, ...).
- You have a solid grasp on web technologies and API development (JSON, OAuth, ...).
- Good understanding of database design concepts.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies like Vue.js.
- Fluent in English and Dutch. French is a plus.
- 3-4 years of working experience, or similar maturity.
What we offer
- A full-time, permanent contract.
- A competitive salary package with extra (green) mobility benefits.
- A key position that offers a high degree of professional and personal development.
- Flexibility in working hours and location. I.e. remote work is no problem.
(We do recognise the value in meeting in person, though, so we encourage coming in to the office once a week. Especially since they're so conveniently located, right next to the train station in Leuven.)
- A challenging job with a high degree of autonomy and space for initiative in a growing company.
- A meaningful work experience where you’re actively contributing in making the world a better place.
- A never-ending supply of coffee and tea, accompanied by fresh fruit and cookies.
¿Está interesado en este puesto?
Envíe su solicitud a Ilke en email@example.com. Su solicitud debe incluir su currículum vitae, mostrando sus experiencias y cualificaciones más relevantes para el puesto, así como su carta de presentación (en neerlandés o inglés) explicando por qué sería una buena opción.